You Are The Militia
It is the founding documents of our nation that outline the powers of all three branches of the Federal Government and along with the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution extend as well to the application of federal laws in each State.
These founding documents include:
- The Declaration of Independence - Declaring our Independence from British rule.
- The Articles of Confederation - Forming our own country, defining its initial method of construction and initial powers.
- The Constitution of the United States - Establishing the primary rules under which our Government will operate.
- The Bill of Rights - The first 10 Amendments to the Constition, superceding any clauses formerly ratified.
- Additional Amendments to the Constitution - Additional changes and additions to the Constitution.
- United States Code - Laws enacted by Congress that may or may not be authorized by the Constitution
- The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) - The interpreted federal laws and rules promulgated by the Executive branch of Government